[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4598: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4599: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4600: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Otherworld Project • View topic - Introductions

Introductions

Discussion of anything unrelated to the Project.
Administrator

Introductions

Postby Vince » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Please introduce yourself in this thread - especially any new players, but older players are welcome to re-introduce themselves too. ;)
Straight from the cheese refinery.

Re: Introductions

Postby Miles » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:03 am

Hey I'm Miles. Well, I'm not, but that's my username. :P I'm in my first year of A-Levels in the UK, studying Physics, History, English Literature and Maths. I love history - although not as early as some of the people on here seem to have an intricate knowledge about! - as well as politics, physics and criminology.

What else is there to say?

Postby Roman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:19 am

Hello 'Miles' and of course, everybody!

I'm Roman, a 25 year lawyer (or more accurately law graduate) from México. However, my true passion is writing/acting, and of course, creating alternative world/nations/settings. I'm hoping to contribute as much as I can to the development of this forum and to meet more people interesting in 'fictional worlds'.

Postby Reno » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:37 am

Well, I'm Reno, a 21-year-old Chinese living in Hong Kong, and is a (failing) life sciences student in University. I think I'm more interested in conworlding rather than writing, which is probably why I'm here instead of other conworld projects. Due to personal beliefs, somehow my worlds usually ends up in collectivist utopia/dystopia.
LoVE ME DO! ↖( *´ 3`*)ノ

Experienced Member

Location: Steubenville, Island Creek Twp. Jefferson County, Ohio, USA

Postby Shaun » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:01 am

Welcome back, old and new alike.

BTW, Roman, you didn't happen to play as Marco in a former version of Eshraval, did you? I seem to remember a lawyer from Mexico called Marco. :)
It's like a train wreck.
Wait, no... it is a train wreck.

Kicsit olyan mintha te lennél a stricim

:monocle:

Postby Roman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Yes, Shaun it's me, Marco!

I'm gladly surprised someone remembers me.

Postby auntbeast » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Postby Roman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 pm

Administrator

Postby Lois » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:28 am

Si nos acordamos de ti, Marco!

Hi, and welcome back!

Postby Roman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:21 am

Hello Lois!!

Nice to hear from you. Great work with your country sketch, btw.

Administrator

Postby Lois » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:26 am

Good to see you! And thanks. :D

Experienced Member

Postby Luke » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Hello all, I'm Luke. I played Badina in the most recently passed incarnation of this awesome world. I have been snooping around the forums here for about two weeks, and I have to say I love this new version (especially the push to keep people neighbors so they have to interact). My hat goes off to you all for your creativity and drive.

Right, introductions. I just recently received a Bachelor's in History and will be continuing my education for a Master's in Divinity starting in the fall. Personal stuff: I love learning about history and language, discovering interesting new foods (tho I don't always have the opportunity here in the semi-rural South), and reading in general. I am 21 years old, gonna be 22 soon. I am currently ignoring the growing mountain of student loan debt that is accumulating behind me, and am generally a very optimistic and (hopefully) friendly fellow.

I have always loved geofiction; one of my favorite things about it is when your creations do something you weren't expecting them to do. Maps are the lifeblood of any good understanding of a constructed world, so I do intend to use them on every occasion (hat goes off to the makers of the most recent maps, physical, climatological, political, and linguistic). I like to bring in stories about the little people in my geofiction (thoroughly attempted in the previous incarnation's Life Portraits) to get a better feel for the culture of the world. I would love to see that--or something NatGeo-esque--continue in this world. I can't stand Mary Sue nations. I feel geofiction is just as much science as it is art and that as geofictionists we should temper our creativity with realism.

Right, so.... I guess that's it.

Experienced Member

Postby Shaun » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Howdy.
It's like a train wreck.

Kicsit olyan mintha te lennél a stricim

:monocle:

Administrator

Postby Vince » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Welcome back.

Experienced Member

Postby Kolja_LS » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Welcome back Luke.

Administrator

Postby Lois » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Welcome!

Postby Roman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:34 am

Welcome Luke!

Postby lauwier » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:46 am

Hello,

I'm Laurens-Jan, a student mechanical engineering at Twente University (the Netherlands). Some of you guys still remember me since I played the republic of Vasmontio in esh 1 and 2 (the bad memories of the vasmontian carrier crisis). After the sudden disappearance of Esh 2, I quit playing online conworlding, but from time to time I worked on small stories situated in Vasmontio.

Administrator

Postby Vince » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:00 am

Hi, welcome back.

Experienced Member

Postby Shaun » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:02 am

Hello. :)
It's like a train wreck.